Out of the Corner of Her Eye RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of the Corner of Her Eye RPG

Out of the Corner of Her Eye is a World of Darkness forum rp set in the lovely universe of Agatha Christie novels, with the added twist of a bit of the supernatural.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minerva Explores the Gardens

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Minerva Explores the Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 1:30 am

Minerva enters the neat and trim gardens in front of the house. The perfumes of the flowers tickle her nose. On the edge of the gardens, she sees the hedge maze in front of her.

As she enters the maze, toward the statues in the middle, Minerva hears the sound feet running on grass coming toward her...though there is something odd about these footsteps.
Back to top Go down
https://cornerofhereye.forumotion.com
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 7:26 pm

Minerva thinks the sound must be the maid she saw from her window running around the maze.  But, why is she running like that?   Has she been running since Minerva left her room?  Minerva can't quite put her finger on why her running sounds odd but it does.
Back to top Go down
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 3:24 pm

Minerva considers that the running person may be hurt. She steps out into the center of the path. "Hallo" she shouts. "Is anything wrong? Can I help?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 12:00 pm

Minerva Explores the Gardens Nnw7xv

"Oh!" A few yard away the maid stops suddenly. She's leaning heavily on one leg and has what looks like a sack full of washing, and she's startled enough that she slips on the grass and loses her balance.

"Bother!" She "curses" lightly under her breath, clutching her other thigh and looking at the linens now strewn on the grass, then suddenly remembers Minerva.

"Oh, I'm awfully sorry, Miss! I was in such a hurry I wasn't looking where I was going," she apologizes profusely, bobbing her head as she stuffs linens back into the laundry sack.
Back to top Go down
http://dastardlywhiplash.tumblr.com/
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 12:49 pm

"Oh, no, please don't apologize. I shouldn't have startled you like that but I thought you were in trouble. Here, let me help you." Minerva starts gathering up the laundry to put into the sack. Running around with laundry when she's obviously been hurt or has some problem with her legs? What's that about? "I'm Miss Eddington - one of the guests here. Do you dry the laundry in the maze?" ie. What on earth are you doing?
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 10:45 pm

"Oh, please Miss Eddington, don't trouble yourself!" the maid pleads. As she stuffs the last of the linens clumsily back into her bag she stands, wincing again and brushing a curl back into place.

"That is awfully kind of you, ma'am... I'm Gladys, Gladys Cleary. And, ah, no, I'm afraid not... I'm a bit behind in my chores, you see, so I was trying to take a shortcut through the garden--it's not so bad if you know your way around the maze. I, ah--I hope you're enjoying your stay, Miss Eddington?" she asks awkwardly, a bit unsure what else to stay.
Back to top Go down
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 3:19 pm

"Oh, yes, it seems very nice here. But do let me help you back to the house. You seem to be in some pain. Don't worry, I'll fade away before anyone sees us so you don't get into trouble. I know all about being an employee. I've been slaving away for years - my principal is an absolute tyrant. Would you like me to look at your leg? I know something about bruises. How did it happen?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 2:00 pm

Gladys seems to be relaxing in increments with every reassurance, and even lets Minerva help her with the bag, but she tenses again when the other woman mentions her leg.

"Oh, no, thank you, Miss!" she flounders, trying hastily to cover up her knee-jerk reaction. "My, ah, my friend already bandaged it for me, though it still aches a little. I've been trying to take it easy, like he said I should, but there's so much to do around the house--" She stops abruptly, looking guilty.
Back to top Go down
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 7:18 pm

"Great, I'm glad it's been taken care of. Let's take these up to the house then, shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 10:03 pm

"Oh, thank you kindly, Miss!" Still a bit guilty, but thankful, Gladys falls into step. She transfers her own armful of laundry to better tender her left side.

"But, ah, I can carry the linens inside, Miss Eddington." She lowers her voice in a secretive hush. "Mr. Carver, the proprietor, is a bit, ah... 'particular'. You're very kind, but I don't think he would be pleased to see one of our guests helping me with the laundry." Her tone implies this is a particularly civil way of describing him.
Back to top Go down
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 5:45 pm

"Ah, I see.  Totally understand.  Not to worry.  Just bundle yourself inside then and take care of that leg."  Minerva turns and heads back to the maze.  Maybe I can find what she was running from.  She certainly isn't going to tell me.  Minerva moves deeper into the maze towards that statue she saw earlier.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 2:17 pm

Minerva continues into the maze, and, finally, comes upon the fountain in the middle.

Minerva Explores the Gardens 2hdtydf
Here, she finds Cora, in the middle of the garden, staring down at her clipboard. She shifts and looks at Minerva as she approaches.

"Ah, Miss Eddington! Do you need something or are you just taking a stroll around our beautiful gardens?"

Back to top Go down
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 2:36 pm

"Oh, I'm just exploring. It's so lovely here. Just out for a stroll yourself? I saw the fountain and the maze from my window so I thought I'd see what it was about." Minerva watched carefully to see if Cora reacted at all to knowing that Minerva had had a view of the garden.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 12:24 am

Cora smiles at you. "I'm setting up for tomorrow's events." She gestures to her clipboard. "Are you interested in knowing a little bit more about the murder mystery game or would you like me to leave you alone to look at the fountain and enjoy the gardens in peace?"
Back to top Go down
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 3:10 pm

Oh, yes, I'm very interested. What can you tell me without spoiling it completely?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 11:30 pm

Cora clears her throat and explains, without skipping a beat, "So, the way this should work is that we will all meet tomorrow at 10:30 in the morning, in the dining room. You shall be divided into pairs and then invited to explore the grounds as 'detectives'. One of the staff, though I am not going to tell you whom, will be somewhere on the grounds pretending to be murdered. You will find them, explore the 'murder scene', and then figure out, using the clues given to you, which of the staff performed the fake 'murder' on their co-worker. Any questions, Miss Eddington?"
Back to top Go down
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 4:18 pm

Ummm no That sounds fine. Thank you. Do you mind if i walk around here now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minerva Explores the Gardens   Minerva Explores the Gardens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minerva Explores the Gardens
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Out of the Corner of Her Eye RPG :: Active Game Forums :: Out on the Estate :: The Gardens-
Jump to: