Out of the Corner of Her Eye RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of the Corner of Her Eye RPG

Out of the Corner of Her Eye is a World of Darkness forum rp set in the lovely universe of Agatha Christie novels, with the added twist of a bit of the supernatural.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlotte

Charlotte

Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 12:33 am

A plush Persian carpet unfolds in front of you, guiding you down the mahogany hallway past the coat stand and reception desk. It's a lovely room, but there's an aura of artifice to it--the wood seems just a little too polished for a manor house, and the "antique" rug is certainly new, though certainly expensive. Someone has put a lot of time and care into recreating the perfect image of a manor house of old.

As you enter an elderly butler shaped like a bulldog looks up from where he's been critically examining a candelabra--a new edition--and swiftly straightens his back to greet you formally.

Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Wlaozl
"Welcome to Vertex Hotel! Tobey!" he bellows, making a bellboy who was slouched against the bannister jump to attention and nearly trip over his own feet. "See to the gentleman's/lady's bags."

Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel 288mwqf
Back to top Go down
http://dastardlywhiplash.tumblr.com/
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 2:12 pm

Minerva opened the door and walked into the lobby. Oh, what a lovely place - I'm so glad I decided to spend my holiday here.  I think I may feel like a real lady when I take tea in the Morning room - golly whoever thought I'd be in a morning room! She pushed past the rather overwhelming man. My word but that butler surprised me when he jumped from behind the candelabra - a little scary both him and the jump. Minerva handed her case to the very nice young man the butler called over, though she thought the man she pushed past could have handled it nicely himself.
Back to top Go down
Ethan Wilcox

Ethan Wilcox

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 9:51 pm

Ethan stepped into the hotel lobby, his brown leather suitcase dangling from one hand, and his overcoat draped over the other arm. He smiled at the butler, keeping his thoughts firmly off his face, and handed his suitcase to the bellboy, taking a moment to observe as many details of the manor house as he could. He was certainly ready to relax after a rather stressful journey to get to this place, and he hoped it would live up to its expectations.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:28 pm

The bellboy smiled at the girl as he took her case and balanced Minerva's case on top of Mr. Wilcox's suitcase. "Mr. Caruthers, where are these cases going?", he inquired of the butler.

Caruthers shuffled over to the wooden front desk. Behind him was posted a massive bulletin board, and two doors on either side read "Staff Only". The older man rifled through a massive book on the counter, and finding the correct reservations, looked up. "You two wouldn't happen to be Ms. Eddington and Mr. Wilcox, would you?"
Back to top Go down
https://cornerofhereye.forumotion.com
Ethan Wilcox

Ethan Wilcox

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 7:05 pm

"I am - Ethan Wilcox that is." He noticed the bellboy's interest in the woman, likely Ms. Eddington, with amusement, though when he turned his gaze to her he kept his eyes firmly on her face.
Back to top Go down
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 2:37 pm

"Me, too." Minerva squeaked out. "I mean, I'm Miss Eddington" What was the matter with her - there was something about Ethan Wilcox that seemed to rattle her. Minerva turned, took a deep breath, and said to Ethan, “How do you do, Mr. Wilcox. My name is Minerva Eddington. I guess we’ll both be here this weekend. Are you from around here?"
Back to top Go down
Ethan Wilcox

Ethan Wilcox

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 11:42 am

Ethan smiled down at the woman, noticing how flustered she seemed. "A pleasure, Miss. Eddington." He made sure to keep his voice in the pleasant-neutral range. After almost 20 years of marriage it was habit for him when talking to any woman not his wife. "I'm not really from around here, no." He let his smile broaden slightly. "After all, if I were, I wouldn't need to stay in a hotel." He shrugged. "And yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Oh, a bit rude. Not what I thought. "Oh I'm just on holiday. I live a few hours away and heard about this place."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 2:45 pm

As you two have been talking, Caruthers has signaled to Tobey to take your bags up to rooms 3A and 3B on the top floor. Tobey, looking a bit annoyed that he has to leave, takes the bags up the stairwell, thumping all the way.

A woman enters through the right door behind the desk, dressed all in tweed and holding a clipboard in her hand. Her face lights up when she sees the two of you and comes over to join you.

Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel 2hdtydf
"Hello! You must be Mr. Wilcox and Ms. Eddington!" Caruthers nods at her. She extends on hand to both of you in turn.  "It is such a pleasure to meet you. I'm Cora Forrest, and I'm the concierge and activities coordinator here at the Vertex Hotel. Please feel free to let me know if you need anything during your stay here. Has anyone told either of you yet about the event happening this weekend at the hotel?"
Back to top Go down
Ethan Wilcox

Ethan Wilcox

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 5:45 pm

Ethan noticed the slight change in Ms. Eddington's body language, telling him that he'd done something wrong. That change in his wife was usually followed by a glare and a smack, leaving him quite sensitive to it in other women. On the other hand, other women usually didn't smack him for little things, and he wasn't horribly bothered by not making the best first impression with someone he likely wouldn't have to interact much with.

"Do please be careful with the bags, Tobey." Ethan called to the retreating bellboy in the same voice he would use with a new student - firm but with overtones of compassion so as not to scare them off. "It wouldn't do to damage a lady's things, and I'd rather not have my wife tear strips off my hide for being careless with her birthday present." A soft, warm smile slid across his face as his left thumb gently rubbed the wide band on his left ring finger.

He turned back to Ms. Eddington, lowering his volume to a more conversational level. "It is quite the attraction, I will admit. I'm staying a bit further away from -" The woman bustling over interrupted him mid-sentence, not that she likely knew that.

"Indeed we are," Ethan shook the proffered hand, "and no, I haven't yet heard about any events this weekend, though Ms. Eddington may well have." He turned to Ms. Eddington, arching his brows in question, and wishing for the umpteenth time that he could arch a single brow as some of his teachers in primary school could.
Back to top Go down
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 9:06 am

"Oh, yes, I read something about it in the brochure. A murder mystery isn't it? I thought it sounded like fun." She had actually thought it sounded like NOT fun when she read the brochure - it sounded like it might require dealing too much with other guests - but the beautiful home and grounds and her determination to try new things pushed her to make the reservation. "When does the event start?" she asked Miss Forrest.
OK, so Mr. Wilcox is making it clear that he's married. Why isn't he here with his wife, I wonder. What does he mean by his wife's "birthday present?" First rude and then inscrutable. sigh
Back to top Go down
Ethan Wilcox

Ethan Wilcox

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 1:10 pm

"A murder mystery? Sounds like fun. I'll have to make time to join the festivities." He glanced in the direction that their luggage had disappeared to.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 2:08 pm

Tobey seemed to not have heeded your warning, as you hear scuffling above you.

Cora lights up as she tells you more about the event. "Oh, so you have heard a touch about the event. Yes, Mr. Wilcox, it is a murder mystery party. Ms. Ariadne Oliver, the famous mystery writer herself designed the game, but it appears she may be late to the proceedings. The game should start tomorrow morning around 10, after breakfast in the hallway. You'll be more filled in on the details then, though I can promise it shall be fun and extremely intriguing."

She smiles at both of you. "Is there anything else I can help you with? Perhaps are idea for what to do for the rest of the day, or recommending a pub in the area? Or would you rather just relax from your journey here?"
Back to top Go down
Minerva Eddington

Minerva Eddington

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 3:25 pm

"I think I'll just go up to my room and unpack. If I need something I can always find you, can't I?" Minerva turned to follow in the direction Tobey had taken.
Back to top Go down
Ethan Wilcox

Ethan Wilcox

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 9:32 pm

"If you could point me in the direction of a decently priced pub with at least one or two meat-based meal selections, I'd be much obliged." Ethan smiled. "I'm in the mood for some beef and an ale." The "or two" went unsaid. He didn't need the women thinking him a lush, especially when he wasn't one, just a man who enjoyed unwinding a bit after a stressful day.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 2:17 pm

Turning to Minerva, Cora nodded. "Yes, if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm not always easy to find, since I don't have an office and will most likely be setting up tomorrow's events, but Caruthers will know where I am on the grounds. You can also always ask him if you have any questions at all." At this, Caruthers feigned a smile at Minerva. "Also, if you need any help unpacking, feel free to ring for one of the maids!"

As Minerva turned to head up the stairs, Cora turned to Ethan. "Ah, yes. There's a pub down in the village, about a 10 minute walk from the edge of the grounds. I can get a car to take you, or you can walk and enjoy the lovely day. It is completely up to you. The pub is the Rooster and Kitten, and you should ask for Dickon." She quickly runs to the desk and writes down the address and directions from the estate with a flourish.
Back to top Go down
Ethan Wilcox

Ethan Wilcox

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Ethan snorted slightly at the name of the pub, glad for the first time that day that his wife was far, far away - she would have hit him for making it so obvious that he was thinking such dirty words. "A walk sounds lovely." He held out his hand for the paper. "Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel   Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ethan and Minerva Check Into the Vertex Hotel
Page 1 of 1