Out of the Corner of Her Eye RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of the Corner of Her Eye RPG

Out of the Corner of Her Eye is a World of Darkness forum rp set in the lovely universe of Agatha Christie novels, with the added twist of a bit of the supernatural.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hastings finally makes it

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlotte

Charlotte

Hastings finally makes it Empty
PostSubject: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 11:05 pm

Hastings enters the hall in the early afternoon, a little out of breath and looking altogether like someone who might have had to get out and physically push his Lagonda up a few particularly rugged country roads to reach the lodge. He dusts his trench coat and hat off, dropping his bags temporarily in the front hall.

"Hello! Captain Arthur Hastings--I have a reservation for this week? I'm sorry I'm a bit behind schedule..."
Back to top Go down
http://dastardlywhiplash.tumblr.com/
StaceySeyfried

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 7:48 am

Stacey is close behind, his suitcase in one hand and cane in the other. He still seems chipper, despite (or because of?) the misadventure with the thieves on the train.

"Stacey Seyfried, also here!...And also slightly late, many apologies for that!" He smiles at Hastings and says, "Glad we finally made it! This manor's a good sight friendlier than that train, I'd say."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 1:21 am

(GM note: Charlotte and I have retconned it that Hastings and Stacey have left the train together, and probably together pushed the car from the train station.)

A plush Persian carpet unfolds in front of you, guiding you down the mahogany hallway past the coat stand and reception desk. It's a lovely room, but there's an aura of artifice to it--the wood seems just a little too polished for a manor house, and the "antique" rug is certainly new, though certainly expensive. Someone has put a lot of time and care into recreating the perfect image of a manor house of old.

An elderly butler, shaped like a bulldog, who was pouring over his papers, looks up from his post at the hotel's front desk. Though polite, he speaks with very little enthusiasm."Ah, Captain Hastings and Mr. Seyfried. So good of you to make it. Welcome to the Vertex Hotel. We were just about to call the station to see if something went wrong. No matter. Let me get your keys and you can rest from your long trip." He motions for the two of you to cross the hall toward the front desk.
Hastings finally makes it Wlaozl

As you two start toward the front desk, the front door is opens again, and two people follow you into the main hall. The first one is young man, carrying two bags. He is dressed in a bellboy's uniform.
Hastings finally makes it 288mwqf

The other, an older man, follows behind him. From his dress, it is immediately apparent that he belongs to the upper class, same as you. The bellboy appears to be carrying his bags. He is supremely thin, gaunt and pale, though he smiles at the butler. Then, he stops dead, and looks around him, the smile fading. "Good god. What have they done?"
Hastings finally makes it Jkdfvb
Back to top Go down
https://cornerofhereye.forumotion.com
StaceySeyfried

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 7:49 am

Stacey seems fascinated by the manor as he tells the butler, "Yes, quite an adventure getting to the station! You see, we were beset by bandits late in the night, quite an experience..." His eyes never stop roaming as he examines his surroundings.

Then the newcomers arrive, and Stacey practically lights up. Though he's not looking at the old man and the bellboy at first, but something past them. Something outside, perhaps? He looks about to speak, but then takes a deep breath and forces himself to look at the newcomers. "Fresh coat of paint, perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 10:11 pm

Hastings gives the old man a polite smile, but otherwise opts to stay out of whatever it is. He leans over the front desk instead, nudging his bags nearer.

"Yes, thank you." He grins at Caruthers, despite the butler's lack of enthusiasm. "Is your groundskeeper available, do you know? I thought I might stop by the stables before popping into town and get an update on the 'grouse forecast'. And you're welcome to join me, Seyfried?" He remembers what Stacey said about being a poor shot, but it seemed kind to offer. He also throws a tentative look at the elderly man, on the lookout for fellow hunters. Between the three fellow guests he's met thus far, that 'forecast' does not seem particularly optimistic.
Back to top Go down
http://dastardlywhiplash.tumblr.com/
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 7:27 pm

The older man sighs again and answers Stacey's question."Well, yes, but that's not all. You see, my dear boy, I used to live here. This house has been my family for generations, and it was only recently that I sold it off to an American and moved to London. I'm back for a visit, but it appears they've changed so much about the house in the past few months. It's lost its...elegance?" He slowly becomes visibly sadder and sadder as he talks to Stacey. He attempts to shake off the sadness though and continues, putting his hand out. "Lord Christopher Eldridge. And you are?"

Hastings finally makes it Wlaozl
Caruthers, meanwhile, directs Hastings to the groundskeepers cottage, gives him his room keys, and assures him that his belongings will be placed in his room shortly. Everything is done in a very efficient manner. After exchanging a bit of banter with the elderly butler about hunting prospects in the area, Hastings leaves via the front door towards the grounds. (If Stacey would like to follow him, it would be on this board.
Back to top Go down
StaceySeyfried

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 7:59 am

"Eustace Seyfried, though most call me Stacey." Stacey's expression grows somber for once; he seems quite affected by Lord Elridge's story. "It never ceases to surprise me how quickly one's old haunts can change nowadays. I'm sorry that it happened to your childhood home."

His eyes flicker again to just past Lord Elridge's shoulder; he winces at the sight of something, but tries to hide it with a fresh smile. "But at least we still have memories, yes? And this manor still seems to be holding up well; you can still see the history, underneath it all. Do you know when the manor was built?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 3:22 pm

Lord Eldridge smiles back at you. "Nice to meet you, Stacey. Thank you so much for your kind words. Oh, boy..." He thinks for a second. "It's been in the family for generations. I want to say almost 200 years, but it may have been earlier than that. A bit of an architecture buff, are you?"
Back to top Go down
StaceySeyfried

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 8:04 am

Stacey nods and says, "I dabble in a number of subjects, but architecture is a growing interest of mine. Old buildings, lost and strange locations...anything of interest. Especially if I can use it in my radio show." And other avenues of research, of course, but Stacey is content with not being immediately recognized for once.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 2:37 pm

Eldridge's face lights up at the mention of Stacey's show, as realization hits him. "OH. You're that man. I thought I recognized your voice. You do those ghost bits on BBC radio, don't you? So, you're here for content for your show? Do you think the house is a particular good location for research?"

Hastings finally makes it 288mwqf

At the mention of Stacey's show, the bellboy, who has wandered over to the desk to take Hastings' bags upstairs, turns back to stare at Stacey. "Are you really on the radio, sir?"
Back to top Go down
StaceySeyfried

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 8:10 am

Stacey winks and says, in his (only slightly exaggerated) radio voice, "You've caught me!"

He looks at Lord Elridge (and just past him, seemingly at the manor itself) and continues in his normal tone, "I did hear rumors about this place, and I simply couldn't stay away. Now, I know you no longer own this manor, but I still must ask: would you mind if I explore your ancestral home, unearthing the secrets of the spirits hidden within its walls?"

Though sounding a tad theatrical is natural to his voice, he sounds more excited than anything, like a young lad preparing to search for frogs in the pond.
Back to top Go down
Ellie P.

Ellie P.

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 2:21 pm

As the doors open behind everyone, a tall, muscular indian woman comes bursting in. She scans the room, looking it over for a good 3 minutes, before finally speaking in a slight Indian accent:
Ellie: Alright, I give up. Whom do I speak to about checking in?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 12:39 am

Eldridge continues smiling at Stacey. "I'm curious what kind of rumors, if you could tell me, sir. I don't mind you exploring the house and grounds, obviously as long as you aren't intending to rip open walls or anything of that sort." He sighs again, and his smile fades. "Of course, god knows what the current owner thinks of that, though I doubt Carver is above ripping open walls himself."

"Huh." He realizes Stacey is staring past and follows Stacey's eyeline to behind him. "What are you looking at?" (OOC: perception check on you, my dear.)

Hastings finally makes it 288mwqfHastings finally makes it Wlaozl

Meanwhile, Tobey and Caruther's eyes turn to take in the large Indian woman who has entered the hall.

Caruthers looks flustered at the thought of a guest not feeling welcome. "That would be me, ma'am. I deeply apologize for not sending someone out to welcome you. I'm Caruthers. You must be Ms..." He looks down at the papers on his desk, trying to make out the script on them. "Ms. Ellie? Please, allow me to welcome you to the Vertex Hotel. Can I get someone to help you with your bags?"
Back to top Go down
StaceySeyfried

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 11:59 am

Stacey is about to answer the question about rumors before being caught in the act of staring into space. He blinks in surprise before quickly composing himself, and tearing his eyes away from whatever had caught his fascination.

"Oh, just the architecture. It's quite lovely; would really be a pity if the walls were ripped open. So fear not, for I have no plans for property damage. My work tends to be less physical than that, you understand."

Stacey then quickly distracts himself with the new arrival. He stoops into a slight bow and says, "Greetings and salutations, fellow guest! Lovely day, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Ellie P.

Ellie P.

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Ellie looks around the room to see who is here and who is addressing her.
Ellie speaks first to Caruthers: "Mr. Caruthers, you said your name was? It would do you well to pay a bit more attention to whom you addressing, rather than going off of some paper." *At this point, Ellie lifts her left hand to show a pristine, well-rounded ivory ring, with a ruby center-piece on her ring finger* My husband would not appreciate anyone addressing me improperly. As for my bags, I recall a young woman by the name of Sarah had taken them in the time it took you to turn your attention away from your conversation and ask me, so it seems that is handled. In the meantime, *thick layer of sarcasm*, if you are not too busy, could you find a key for my room?*thick sarcasm ends*
Ellie then turns to Tobey. "Having not seen a woman of great beauty before gives you no right to stare."
Ellie then turns to Stacey. "And, you are?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 1:20 am

Eldridge looks a bit crestfallen at the mention of the state of the building again. "Oh, yes it is lovely, isn't it? It was much lovelier in days gone by, however." He looks a little confused at Stacey's sudden drop of the conversation, but continues on with his questions. "Well, that's good to hear, that you don't intend to hurt the house. What does your work tend to entail then?" (OOC: You are welcome to ignore him if you wish, Eve)

Hastings finally makes it WlaozlHastings finally makes it 288mwqf

Caruthers immediately begins to apologize to Ellie. "I'm very sorry, madam. It our first day open to the public and it appears we are having a few mishaps." On the word mishap, he glares at Tobey, who turns red and stops staring at Ellie.

The old ex-butler continues, "I am very sorry and if there's anything my staff or I can do to make this up to you let me know." He holds out a key to you, and appears to compose himself as he continues with checking Ellie in. "Here is the key to your room, the best bedroom in the place. Is there anything else you require while you are staying with us?"

Hastings finally makes it 020-upstairs-downstairs-theredlist

Just as Caruthers finishes, the main door slams open and in walks a girl in her mid-20s, carrying all of Ellie's luggage, though rather awkwardly. "Tobey, can you come help me please? This is your job after all!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hastings finally makes it   Hastings finally makes it Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hastings finally makes it
Page 1 of 1